Friday, August 13, 2010

A bust...

I didn't get to go on my trip to Austin. It was too good to be true! The flights from Dallas to Austin were over-booked and I would have been stuck in Dallas. For those that don't know, Aaron works for American Airlines. That means we get to fly at no cost to us. That also means there is a chance we won't get on the flight we want due to there being so many paying passengers. And that is what happened to me. The first time I try to fly in 7 years and I don't even make it past security. It's kinda funny how things work out, though. My sitter was about 20 minutes late. No big deal...I had asked her the day before if she could be at the house 20 minutes early. So I get to the airport with just enough time to get through security and to my gate and Aaron calls. He's looking at the flights on the computer and they look HORRIBLE. Not only is my flight over-sold but the flights before mine were over-sold. So people were going to be getting bumped off flights for the rest of the day. So, I came back to my kids bearing fun things like water balloons, punch balls and popsicles. we had a good day despite me feeling sorry for myself.



Aaron was so good to me all weekend. He tried his very best to make up for it. He suggested that I go stay the night at my moms. He "gave me Saturday off". A dad can't really do that if the mom is at the house. The kids, more often than not, will always come to Mommy when they need or want something. So I left =) I went shopping. For me. And I came home with purchased items. For me. And then we all loaded up in the truck and went on a road trip.



We visited Natural Falls State Park. The main water fall was dry but the dripping springs was going strong. We had a lot of fun. So I guess my weekend wasn't a bust after all.



There was a nice little koi pond/garden area that would have made for some nice photos if it wasn't so bright and blazing hot out.















The dripping springs.














Me and my crew













Aaron picked out this insanely steep walkway that led down to the dried up river bed. And what goes down has to come up =)















The kids played on the playground













And we all got in a little horse shoes. Notice what I'm wearing?? Not real easy to maneuver a double stroller with 2 kids on gravel while wearing flip flops. At least Aaron pushed it back up that hill.












My baby E and his baby blues.












Ethan was a big boy and threw that horse shoe the entire length.

















My squeeze strutting his stuff.




















And little Levi =)

















Ethan had to take some pics. I think he did pretty good.












1 comment:

  1. OH NO!! I am so sorry it didnt work...did you cry? I think I would just cry!

    I am glad he did a good job of making up for it =) (not that it was his fault)

    ReplyDelete