Friday, September 24, 2010

It's just a plant...I think I'll be ok

For those that know me, you know I LOVE plants and color. I could totally blow our budget on landscaping. Well, last night while I was bathing Katie Levi came in and informed me that Ethan had 'broke' my tree. The 'tree' he was referring to is one of my newer crate-myrtles in the back yard. I have one really big one that must have been planted not long after the house was built in 1960. And I planted 4 more along one of our side fences in the back.



So I told Ethan to come with me and before I looked at the damage done I wanted him to tell me what happened. I wanted an explanation before I got upset(I have lost count on the number of times I haev told the boys to stay away from my plants.) I was hoping that knowng why my plant was destroyed would ease the hurt when I saw how bad it was. Levi said it was laying on the ground =(



Ethan said that Levi told him to fall on it. I started getting irritated. I thought my almost 7 yr old was smarter than that. Maybe the reason I got irritated is because he IS smarter than that! When I got to the back yard this is what I saw....

















I didn't do anything to Ethan. I just told him how sad I was and that I was dissapointed in him and now he needed to go shower and get ready for bed. It was 6:15.


There is still some of the plant that survived so I don't think I'll have to replace it. I just keep telling myself...It's just a plant, it's just a plant. My kids are alive and healthy. It's just a plant!!

It still makes me sad.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like they'll have to earn some money to buy you a new one...and learn how to plant it. So frustrating...but good job keeping your cool :)

    ReplyDelete