Tuesday, November 2, 2010

And a child shall lead them!

So today is the day to vote. I hope you exercised your right to do so. Anyway...I had to take the littles with me this morning in order for me to get my voting done. As Katie is asking me where we are going I'm trying to explain to her what it means to vote. Our conversation went something like this....

K-where are we going?

Me- I need to go vote.

K-What's that?

Me- to vote means you get to say who you want to be in charge. Who you want to be the leader. I need to make sure that I let people know who I want to lead us.

K-Oh. Well, then, I want...(a pause as she thinks)...CHLOE!!!

I was cracking up! Chloe is her 4 yr old cousin and her very good buddy. And then I thought about the verse in Isaiah about the lion laying down with the lamb and that a child shall lead them. Not that the verse has anything to do with voting or the outcome. I just thought it was funny. Katie sure knew what she wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment