In my last post I mentioned that we found a new home for Dixie. Well, that lasted about 2 weeks. I got a call from the lady of the house informing me that Dixie not only refused to potty outside(with walks and outside visits happening) but she also BIT an adult friend. I was beside myself. This call came the same day we had a Christmas piano recital at the largest mall in town and our life group party. AND it was a Saturday. I was completely convinced that we had no choice but to put her down and I was not ok with that. I just couldn't come to terms with 'killing' a dog that wasn't sick/dying and that could be controlled by myself or the kids. I knew that if she came back to the house we couldn't put her down. We made calls to local vets but they all said the same thing...no euthanizing on a weekend because they couldn't dispose of the animal until Monday. I then called our vet, he's a 30 minute drive and I didn't have time for that. He wasn't home or in office but said if I left Dixie with my mom he would get her from there. I was NOT ok with pulling my mom into that. Dixie came home. Some very dear friends have given us a crate for her when we have company. She's done pretty well. Ethan had a group of friends over for a game night and she wandered around and didn't cause any problems. I'm still not sure how I feel about her, but I have come to realize Dixie isn't going anywhere.
Now, in other news...
As EVERYONE is aware, we've been hit by a global pandemic. Covid-19 is a nasty thing. It caused the closing of schools right after spring break, businesses are just now being allowed to reopen after 4-5 weeks, summer camps have been canceled, and most other activities(including church) have gone virtual. The kids are missing their friends in a massive way, and I've dealt with feeling trapped. Most of our days are great. We've continued with school. The kids go to the park and fly kites or chase each other around. The tennis courts reopened this weekend, and that gives them one more thing to do. We had purchased Katie a racket just one week before they chained the courts. However, it seems that state officials are working toward getting us back to normal. We've been asked to continue social distancing for the foreseeable future.
Happy news...
Ethan turned 16!! All he wanted was a group of budding to come for a game night and hang out. I had 9 teenagers in my house for about 5 hours. They were awesome!! Two moms stayed to hang out with me and we had so much fun watching the kids. We were able to get this night of fun in about 4 weeks before we were all asked to stay away from each other. Ethan will take his drivers test in 2-3 weeks. Katie turns 13 in 5 days. I will then be the mom of 3 official teenagers, YIKES! Levi will be 15 in June and Evan is creeping up on 11. Life keeps rolling on. Aaron took the kids camping and left me and the dogs at home. It was so quiet. I haven't had that in years.
So, I think that's all for now. Stay safe and be creative!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment