Monday, March 1, 2010

My new life verse

I'm participating/co-leading a study on Wed. nights. Creative Correction by Lisa Whelchel. It's a great book and I'm getting tons of great ideas. Our first week we did an intro to the class and book. The other leader read a verse that has become my new life verse.

Isaiah 40:11...He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries
them close to his heart; he gently leads those who have young.

Michelle then went on to tell us what the verse ment to her. This is what she said...We, the mommies, are the flock. The lambs are our children and he is carrying them for us. It says CLOSE TO HIS HEART. And all we need to do is follow HIM. This verse has brought me great comfort when I feel like I'm failing as a parent. I have recalled this verse many times over the past few weeks. The Lord is carrying my children and leading me.

I am far from perfect but I am trying to be better. I am open to the change that needs to happen in order for me to be the best mom I can be. And I am excited for what's in store for my children in the process.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading "shepherding a child's heart" and what Im learning is... I need to keep reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading Love and Logic. (I need to learn a lot)

    ReplyDelete